Friday, November 17, 2017

Scott's Ksha' Ma and the Shriek - Witch Elves


My entry for November: Ksha’ Ma and the Shriek.

Eleven Witch Elves with a level 10 champion. 217 points total.

Equipment: Hand weapon, additional hand weapon, poisoned attacks, light armor. Musician.



This unit of twelve knocks out my first required troop type, which is Witch Elves. This is the first assault element unit, and the first complete unit in the army. Next month I will focus on my crossbow (fire support) requirement.

I went with the old school scruffy looking witch elves from Warhammer Armies instead of the sports illustrated steel bikini look. Didn’t ever like the blue dark elf skin look so I went another way and made them very sun deprived. They are part of a witch elf coven that gets the poison for their blades from the coven’s pet scorpion (to be painted later). The scorpion poison turns their steel blades green and maybe a little brittle also, as seen by the elf on the right front rank who has already broken off a piece in someone’s ass…

I’m not sure what era the champion is from, definitely not the chainmail bikini era, but not old either. The two Marauder sculpts that I have doubles of with the heavily teased hair, were a bit strange as they looked like they were wearing masks – maybe that’s why I had a hard time painting them. I converted two Marauder elves by adding an additional weapon made from brass rod pounded flat and filed to shape and removing the shield attachment. I also converted the female Manhide regiment troop who came with her blade broken off, by drilling out both hands and adding two blades made from brass rod as above.

They look pretty anti-social, so, I’m happy with the result.





Next up: fire support.



Ratwig out

9 comments:

  1. Great work! I really like your work on the skin tone, super effective, and that crazed hero looks the part!

    Excellent start to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! They were fun to paint. I had never seen the champion fig before I picked it up for a couple dollars on evil bay last summer.

      Delete
  2. These look like some blood thirsty babes! Nice Work Ratwig. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice looking unit and nothing like knocking out some of the minimum troop requirements as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thye look really crazed dark elves! Very nice work, I especially like the skin painting. Very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazed female fighters - what isn’t there to love about that! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really like these! The justification for the broken sword is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, the scratch swords look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Killa Figures with amazing paint jobs

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog