Friday, January 5, 2018

Ratwig's January Entry: Varl Heavy Hand and Tddddddddt (232pts)

My entry for January: Varl Heavy

Hand and Tddddddddt.

Army General, Level 20 Dark Elf Champion and Giant Scorpion. 232 points total.

General’s Equipment: Hand weapon, lance, crossbow, heavy armor, shield, warhorse, barding.










This entry adds command & control and armoured infantry support to the army. With two level 10 unit leaders, I had to add a commander to sort things out between them. The scorpion is the equivalent of a Matilda infantry support tank I think, at least that’s how I plan on using it.


And the group photo, I actually have a battle line now…

Ratwig out

10 comments:

  1. Coll stuff Ratwig! The scorpion is one of my favourite monster miniatures ever and I really like how you've painted him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like him. It was an easy paint job. I painted it like the nastiest ones I've run across in the US SW Sonoran Desert and in Thailand. In both places they were the small ones that were sand/dirt colored that would send you to the hospital...

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, I'm shooting for 5 figures this month myself. Yeah, Bark Scorpions here in Phoenix are a problem. My neighbor had a nest inside his cinder block wall, I almost stepped on a juvenile in the shower a few months back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I'm now living too far north for those critters to bother me. The scorpion model was very easy to both assemble and paint, I have less than six hours total time working both assembly and painting on that model.

      Delete
  3. I like the shield, looks very good! Nice work on the scorpion too; we don't see enough monsters anymore in fantasy armies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was worried whether or not the design could be made out. I guess I wont repaint it then... The scorpion was a nice break from a unit of detailed troops. I would make a couple more if I could find the kits. A charging swarm of three scorpions would really look cool and not be too expensive points wise either.

      Delete

Search This Blog